Chapter 5

It was wednesday and Crystal and I were working in the back. The restaurant had just gotten a delivery and we were put in charge of putting it away in the stockroom, as it was unloaded from the truck. The delivery guys were stacking it inside the door and Crystal and I were were putting away. I had just put some containers of ketchup away, turned around and bumped into a solid chest of muscle. Two strong hands reached out and grabbed my upper arms to steady me so I didn't fall on my ass.

"Oh, excuse me. I'm sorry, I didn't see you there," I said, my eyes focused on his belt buckle (as I had been looking at the bottom shelf), my hands braced against his chest. I could see the outline of his abs underneath the tight t shirt he was wearing. 


I looked up as he said, "Hey, no prob. No damage done." Realizing my hands were still on his chest I jerked them away, putting my fingertips to my lips as I gazed into the most incredible blue/violet colored eyes I had ever seen! Lashes a mile long. I stupidly thought my fingers would keep me from choking on my own tongue, which I almost did, as I tried to say something. "Oh....uuummm...sorry," I said again as I backed up out of his grip. 


He had this wicked smirk on his face, like he was used to girls practically swooning at his feet from his awesome good looks. Man I felt like such a dork. Here I was , Karen, comfortable with guys and able to hold my own on any wave, standing here about ready to pass out just because an amazingly good looking guy is standing in front of me. And he was too. Long blonde hair, tied back with a bandana, tight jeans encasing strong powerful thighs.


Crystal's yelling interrupted my thoughts, "Karen! Are you going to help me with this? Or am I doing this all by myself?"


With one last small smile, I ducked my head and left the stockroom. I walked quickly over to Crystal and said in an excited whisper, "Crystal, look at the delivery guy. He is so cute. I mean look, but don't look like you're looking." As Crystal looked up she saw the guy as he came out of the stockroom, heading towards the back door. I looked at the same time she did, as he looked over at us. We looked like deer caught in the headlights. He smiled an all knowing smile, waved, and shut the door.


Crystal grabbed hold of my hand and said, "K, your hand is shaking and you are pale as a ghost. What is wrong? Is it that guy? You never have a problem with guys. I almost envy you sometimes that you can talk to any guy.""Crystal, I don't know. I acted like such a dork in front of him," I said, rolling my eyes in emphasis. With my eyes on the back door I gave myself a mental shake and said, "It must have been because he was so good looking, like a movie star. I'm sure I would act like that in front of any movie star. Oh well, we probably won't see him again anyway." I sighed and said, "Oh well, back to work." Crystal and I finished putting away the supplies.

No comments:

Post a Comment