Chapter 1

Part 1....
Ok Ladies.  Here is my first bit of story.  This takes place along the coast between Point Dume, Ventura, Zuma, Santa Monica....ect.  With future trips to Sunset, The Whiskey, and other cool metal bands dives and the Malls of Southern California...Like the Galleria...like OMG!  Like that is ssssooo awesome!  Like tubular, ya know?


The Ladies in this story are Me as K(my initial) and Sheila and the girls from the msn message board I managed.
******
I was sailing. Floating. Flying. Gliding along the wave, perfectly balanced on my board, salt spray coating my face, coming to a point where I could practice my cutback. Performing the move ok, thinking I still need to practice that more, I angled the board over the top of the wave to float to a stop, sitting down, straddling the board. The sun was finally up, as I noticed the sun glinting off the waves. Man I need to go, school starts soon. I paddled around and caught the next wave into shore. With my board under my arm, I walked towards a lone figure on the beach.
" 'Drea, we gotta go," I said to my sister.
'Drea, all bundled up said, "How can you stand all that saltwater. It's gonna ruin your skin."
'Drea was more of a night person. She had dyed black hair and preffered the pale look. She would only come along with me to the beach, since she said it helped her with her songwriting.
"Ya, I know. I'll probably look like a crab by the time I am 20," I said walking towards my little blue Datsun truck. 'Drea got into the passenger seat as I tossed my board in the back. I unzipped my wet suit, sliding it down my waist and over my hips (trying not to let my bikini bottom slip down) tossing it also into back and wrapped a towel around my waist like a surrong. I hopped into the truck and we drove home.
'Drea and I barely made it to school on time. At lunch I met up with my friends as we currently had no classes together. "Where were you two this morning?" I asked of my two best friends, Anne and Sheila, as we sat there scarfing our food.
"My alarm didn't go off," Sheila said as she popped a fry into her mouth.
Anne, with eyes following every cute boy in the cafeteria (it's a wonder she didn't get whiplash) said, "I think it's almost that time of the month. I was feeling a bit crampy. I barely made it to school. Thank God for Midol."
I made an unflattering noise full of disgust, tempered by underlying sarcasm, falling silent in thought. I probably should cut my friends some slack, as they were not into surfing like I was. I mean they could surf, but really just went for the hunky guys. They usually hung out on the beach looking pretty.
*************
"ANDREA! Where is my stupid hat! I am going to be late for work." I yelled as I ran around the house looking for the dump ball cap that went  with the uniform I wore to work.
"K. It's in my room," Andrea called out.
I go in there to get my hat. "How did it get in here?" I asked, plopping the hat on my head.
"I think Princess (the stuff stealing cat) drug it in here. You know how she is always snagging stuff and hiding it," 'Drea said, with her nose in a music magazine. She had aspirations to start a band or be in one.
" 'Drea, I am off to work. Let mom know I will be home around 9:30. Don't forget your homework."
" mm.kay," 'Drea mumbled.

No comments:

Post a Comment