Chapter 19

I walked out of the water, up onto the beach. It was a beautiful, sunny Sunday morning. Or at least it was in my mind. All I could do was think about the other night and making love to Bret. I was head over heels in love. I laid my board down and sat down staring out at the ocean and the few surfers left out there this late in the morning. Bret was on his way to being famous, and I wasn't sure where that would leave me. I guess right now we were boyfriend and girlfriend, but long distant relationships are hard to sustain.
All of a sudden I heard a bunch of giggling behind me. I turned and there was Anne and Sheila, walking towards me with towels and chairs.
"K," Sheila called out.
"Thank god you are predictable," Anne said, setting out a chair and sitting down.
"What do you mean," I asked.
"Your rule. You always park your butt directly opposite of your truck in case anyone needs to find you," Anne replied.
"Oh," I said, "Well, at least it works. So what brings you guys out here to the beach? You hardly ever come out any more."
"Well, since you won't come to us, we thought we'd come to you. You practice so much we never see you," Sheila commented, as she situated herself on a chair.
"Ya, I know. That competition is in a week and I need all the surf time I can get. And, what with hanging with Andrea's band, I haven't had a lot of free time," I said.
It was getting hot so I took off my wet suit and laid out on the extra beach towel Anne brought. "Did you guys bring anything to drink by any chance?" I asked. Sheila pulled a bottle of water out and handed it to me. "Thanks," I said, taking a drink, laying down on my back.
"So," Anne said, "Did you?"
"Did I what?"
"Helloooo! Did you and Bret do it the other night?" She replied.
I was laying on my back when she asked. I didn't answer right away. I thought back to that night for a sec. I swallowed hard and squeezed my eyes closed for a moment, then rolled over on my stomach so I could look at Anne and Sheila. With my chin resting in my hands I said softly, "Yes, we did," looking them both in the eye. They both just smiled. There were no words needed between the three of us. Suddenly something caught my eye. I looked towards my truck. Someone was coming our way. As I stared, a slow dreamy smile appeared on my face, getting bigger as the person got closer.
Anne and Sheila, noticing I was paying no attention to them, turned to see what was more important than they were. "DAMN!" Anne exclaimed loudly, loud enough Bret could hear. "I thought he had a great bod with clothes on....but OMG K, you lucky girl, Bret is super hot. I am almost jealous."
I smiled and watched Bret come up to us. He actually had shorts on and nothing else, looking like a regular beach going guy. His long blonde hair ruffled by the breeze. "I'm glad you approve, Anne." Bret said as he walked around us to come and stand at my feet. I rolled over on my back, bracing myself on my elbows, with one leg straight and one bent, "Hi Bret," I said staring into his eyes. He just smiled and came at me like he was attacking me. He growled. I laughed.
Anne and Sheila laughed and Anne said, "Get a room you two."
Bret gave Anne one of his looks and a wicked smile and said, "We already did," looking down at me at the end of his sentence, kissing me. The girls just doubled over with laughter, while Bret and I took a moment to passionately make out. Anne purred wickedly, "Well if you get bored of K, I'm available."
Bret looked at Anne briefly, then down at me smiling, and said, "Thanks, but I'm good." I thought to myself....ya, in more ways than one. He laid next to me propped up on one arm, the other running tiny circles around my belly button, asked, "So what are you ladies up to?"
Sheila said, "K is so busy and doesn't come to see us, we thought we would come to see her."
"I guess we all had the same idea," Bret said, ducking his head to kiss me in order to hide the fact he was copping a feel.
"Bret, how come you are here?" I asked. "I figured you were busy, since I wasn't able to get a hold of you last night."
"I know Babe. We were doing a bunch of stuff. Our schedules are so off. So I figured since most of my free time is in the mornings I thought I would visit you on your turf. Or should I say surf."
"Your timing was perfect. I just got done and was laying here visiting with Anne and Sheila."
We stayed about another half an hour then went to my place for food.

******

No comments:

Post a Comment