Chapter 24

The foursome drove around downtown Seattle enjoying the city lights, the girls sometimes standing up to look out the moon roof like movie stars. The boys poured champange which the girls drank sparingly since they really didn't drink. Adri, sitting next to Richie, with his arm around her, asked, "So did you have a hand in all this?" Adri, being the suspicious one, always thought all this was too good to be true, too easy.
"I won't lie and say no. I was totally impressed when you girls played at the BBQ. Jon was too, but we told the record execs about you and they are always looking for really good new talent. Ultimately it was their decision. Though we feel responsible, proud maybe, that we found you. And we like watching and listening to you play." Richie leaned over and gave her a quick peck.
That made her feel better. She didn't want this just handed to them, she wanted to feel like she earned it, they earned it. They played hard, worked hard and were fully commited. Looking up at Richie she thought she wouldn't mind being totally commited to him. She had eyes only for him since she saw him. He was the epitome of tall, dark and handsome. He had warm brown eyes with a perpetual twinkle to them. he was big, strong and safe.
The foursome found a club to go to for dancing. The girls had a great time. It was about 1am before they got back to the hotel. Since the two girls shared a hotel room, they had the boys come in for a bit. Richie and Adri had eyes only for each other, sat on the bed making out. Dave and Holly did the same on the other bed. Holly wasn't real sure how she felt about Dave, but she did know she didn't want to be tied down. She wanted to do the whole 'famous person' thing...parties, spending money, dating famous people. Dave was pleasant enough. A good kisser. Had a good bod. After awhile Dave got a bit too personal (and Holly wasn't ready for that) and ended up saying the wrong thing to Holly. As she was pushing his roving hands away, he said, "Oh baby, come on. I'm in Bon Jovi. Everybody wants me."
As he kissed her neck and tried to cop a feel, she jumped up and yelled angrily, "WHO THE HELL DO YOU THINK YOU ARE? Just because you're in Bon Jovi doesn't mean we are your personal property!" She started towards the door, "Adri, I'm outta here. I'll be in Andrea's room, come get me later." And left.
Richie and Adri sat there having witnessed the confrontation. "Dude you probably shouldn't have some on so strong. These girls aren't groupies," Richie said.
Adri said, "Ya. Holly is very strong minded and independent. She doesn't like being pushed."
"Man," Dave said, running a hand through his curls, "I'm an idiot. I let my little head think for my big head....not to mention my ego. Maybe I should go apologize."
"Dave, wait till morning and do it as you all come out to say goodbye in the morning when we leave," Adri suggested.
"OK," he said.
Richie kissed Adri and said, "I guess we'll go now. See you later."


"Ok," she said, "I'll see you in the morning."
In the morning Bon Jovi showed up to say goodbye to Twilight as they left to go to the next city. Dave had given Holly some floweres apologizing, "Holly I am so sorry for being an idiot last night. I sometimes take a lot for granted, especially when it comes to women. I hope we can still be friends."
"Thanks Dave. I accept your apology and wouldn't mind still being friends, maybe even see where things go in the future. I just won't be forced to do anything I don't want to or am not ready for."
"Thanks. And I won't forget." He gave her a quick kiss goodbye.

No comments:

Post a Comment